Enhanced Safety Protocols & ProceduresCOVID-19
Committed To Keeping You Safe
As the State and Los Angeles County begin to lift COVID-19 related restrictions on businesses and recreational activities, Build Industries (“Build” or “Company”) will implement enhanced safety protocols and procedures to limit the possibility of an infected person entering the building and regularly monitor the activities of staff who are on site. Please familiarize yourself with these new procedures, closely adhere to them, and help us keep everyone safe and healthy by sharing them with others.
Purpose and Scope. The purpose of this COVID-19 Enhanced Safety Protocols and Procedures (“Safety Policy”) is to ensure proper procedures are in place to identify and control the spread of the COVID-19 at the West Valley WorkSource Center, to maintain a safe and clean workplace, and to communicate to employees and visitors about Build’s policies related to COVID-19. All Build employees and visitors (“you”) are subject to this Safety Policy.
Vaccine Policy. Build’s Vaccine Policy requires that all WorkSource employees provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccine or submit a request for accommodation based upon a medical condition or a deeply held religious belief. While there is not currently any requirement for WorkSource visitors to provide proof of vaccination, we encourage all clients to get vaccinated for the safety of themselves, their families, and WorkSource Center employees.
Appointment-Only Basis. The Build West Valley WorkSource Center is open and available to the public between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm. Though all WorkSource Center staff are currently working in the office on a daily basis, clients and visitors must make an appointment to use the resource center and/or receive services to ensure that social-distancing protocols, capacity recommendations, and cleaning protocols can be reasonably adhered to throughout the day.
- Temperature Screenings. All staff and visitors entering the WorkSource Center must approach a kiosk in the reception area to have their temperature screened before proceeding further into the office area. Anyone who has a temperature exceeding 99.9℉ must exit the WorkSource Center and reschedule their appointment for a different date/time.
- Health Questionnaire. A daily symptoms-check questionnaire will be used as a second layer of screening for all people who wish to enter the WorkSource Center.
If you have any symptoms of illness, no matter how minor, do not attempt to enter the WorkSource Center. If someone in your family is ill or has recently had symptoms of illness, do not attempt to enter the WorkSource Center. If you have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, do not attempt to enter the WorkSource Center.
Social Distancing. A distance of at least 6 feet should be maintained between people at all times when in the WorkSource Center. Greet others with a wave or a bow from a distance of at least 6 feet. Try to avoid shaking hands, high five, fist bump, or elbow bump as a greeting to another person. If a distance of less than 6-feet is necessary to complete a specific task or activity, a tightly-fitting N95 face mask may be used to protect both parties and/or the meeting may be moved to an outdoor area. Whenever and wherever possible, doors to meeting rooms and offices must remain open to increase the air circulation in the room.
Face Coverings. All persons entering the WorkSource Center must wear a face mask that covers the entire mouth and nose at all times while inside the building. Face masks are available at the front desk for anyone who requires one. An exception may be made when a person is alone in their office with the door closed. Face shields or N95 masks will be made available to anyone who must to be in close contact with another person for any length of time in order to complete a task.
Hand Washing and Hygiene. All employees and visitors must wash their hands frequently and exercise good personal hygiene. Hands must be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Hands should be washed:
- before and after using the restroom;
- before and after eating;
- after interactions with other staff;
- after leaving your desk or office area;
- after touching any surface that may have been touched by others;
- after touching your face/mouth/nose; or
- after coughing or sneezing— cover the mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of the elbow
If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the WorkSource Center and near surfaces and equipment that are commonly used. Hand Sanitizer should be used both before and after touching a surface in the WorkSource Center.
Cleaning and Disinfection.
- Main Office Space: The entire office is cleaned daily. Cleaning and disinfection of all common-area surfaces, including door knobs and levers, light switches, copy machines, and other high-touch surfaces is conducted mid-morning and mid-afternoon every day.
- Personal Workspace: At the end of each workday or shift, disinfectant wipes are used to clean personal workspaces, including the desktop, computer, keyboard, mouse, and other equipment and supplies used during the day. WorkSource employees and visitors should avoid touching desks and equipment that belong to others.
- Exposure Cleaning: If a person tests positive for COVID-19 after being on-site at the WorkSource Center, a sanitation crew will be dispatched to clean and disinfect the building.